Sunday, January 9, 2011

Socially Smiling

I can officially say that Sasha is socially smiling and cooing now.  Last night, when David was trying to burp Sasha, I got in front of her to say "hi" and she gave me a smile.  She did this three times.  It just absolutely melted my heart.

Today, she has smiled at me several times.  She has also started cooing to me.  If I make the sound that she makes (which sounds like "ehyeow") then she gets excited, moves her arms excitedly, purses her lips together for a bit trying to formulate a sound and then she says "ehyeow" back to me.  I love, love, love this!  The fact that she is starting to interact with us and looking at the world around her is so fun for us to see.  She still sleeps about 80% of the time, but when she is awake, she is definitely more alert and curious.  Her favorite thing seems to be looking at the ceiling and the light fixtures and fans in the ceiling.  She will smile at them.  She also smiles at the turtle hanging from her bouncy seat.

No comments: