Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Little Green Thumbs

In honor of Easter and spring and the sprouting of new life and growth, I planted seeds with the kids.  I found these cute egg shaped pink and blue pots and seed kit at Target and just had to buy them.  Stella's is the pink one and has zinnia seeds and the Gup's is the blue one with Daisy seeds.  We planted them about a week and a half ago (on 3/7/10) and within 4 days, Stella's first zinnia seed sprouted.  Des's seeds started sprouting a week after planting.  I finally took pictures today of their cute little pots and the sprouts inside.
These pots sit on the middle of our windows so that they can get the sunlight they need, but are away from the reach of curious little hands.

The instructions said to replant the sprouts into a bigger pot or in your garden when the sprouts reach about 3 inches in height. 

No comments: