Saturday, March 13, 2010

GOAL!!!!

Stella scored her first goal in soccer today.  WE ARE SO PROUD OF OUR LITTLE GIRL.  Stella is the only girl on her team that is 4.5 years old; all of the other girls are around 5.5 years of age.  Stella is the least aggressive of all of the girls on her team...she just doesn't like to be in the middle of a swarm of girls all trying to get the ball, which is kind of the point of soccer =;)  So even if Stella has the ball, when all of the girls come at her, she just backs of. 
But lately, with each game, we have seen her get in the mix more and more and going after the ball more and more despite the other girls who get in her face. 
So today, when she kicked the ball into the goal, I don't think it registered right away.  She watched the ball go into the net and looked at it for a few seconds and then she realized she scored her goal...her first ever goal in a soccer game...and she started jumping up and down, turned around to look at us on the sidelines with the biggest smile on her face and came running towards her Dada who lifted her up in the air for a big celebratory hug. 
I so wish I had had my camera with me, but I didn't, so I have no pictures to show you of her big moment!
She is so proud of herself and has told us over and over how she scored a goal today and we are so, so happy for her!

1 comment:

Soma said...

It's ok that you didn't have the camera - your words convey the emotion! Got me all choked up! Yay Stella!!