Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt

Our city had their annual Easter egg hunt at the Boys and Girl's Club of Fayetteville.  So we decided to check it out.  They had the egg hunt broken up by age groups.  The 2-3 year old's were first to go and that was Mr. Des's group.

Here's Des setting out on his Easter Egg Hunt.  I was allowed to accompany him but I couldn't pick up any eggs for him.
 
Des did pretty well, picking up about 12 eggs or so.

Next it was time to open up the eggs and eat the treats.
Then it was Miss Stella's turn to hunt for some eggs.  She didn't pick up as many eggs as she could have because she was interested in checking out each egg before she put it in her basket.  And towards the end of the egg hunt, she was skipping along swinging her basket and some of her eggs fell out of her basket and before she realized what happened, other kids swooped in and grabbed her eggs.  That resulted in some tears but nothing some yummy ice cream couldn't fix.


 After Stella finished off her ice cream, she went with Dada to see the Easter Bunny, while I stayed behind with Des who had no interest in getting anywhere close to the Easter Bunny =;)

Stella then came back and enthusiastically told me how she gave the Easter Bunny a big hug and took pictures with him.  Only when I got home and looked at the pictures did I realize that Stella was not all that keen on the Easter Bunny as she was letting on.  I love how rigid she looks in the first picture while somewhat reluctantly letting the Easter Bunny hug her and how she is pulling away from him in the second picture.

 There were pony rides there but neither of our kids wanted to ride them.  Stella did get her face painted (with a heart of course), but Des didn't want that either.  Overall, we had a good time at the city's Easter Egg Hunt.

No comments: