Des and I had appointments with the dentist today and it was Desmond's first ever dental checkup. He was initially nervous about going and was balking a little bit but ended up doing a GREAT job once we got there!! They started my cleaning first so that Des could observe and get comfortable before they started on him. And the plan was for Meagan, our dental hygienist, to clean Des's teeth after she finished with mine. But 5 minutes into my cleaning, another dental hygienist became available and asked Des if it was ok for her to clean his teeth. Des bravely agreed, followed the hygienist to the cubicle next to mine (it's partitioned so that we could only hear each other, but not see each other) and got his teeth cleaned and his teeth examined by the dentist all by himself, without me there, and without any tears or complaints. I couldn't believe it! I was so, so proud of him. I was able to snap some pictures when Meagan applied the fluoride to Des's teeth.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment