The five different Kindergarten classes at Stella's school put on a Christmas play today called It's a Gingerbread Christmas. They put on two performances today. One during the day for the rest of the school, as well as any parents who wanted to come and one in the evening, primarily for family and friends. Since we have a three week old, David and I had to split up going to see Stella's play. David went to see it during the daytime and I went in the evening. David did videotape the play but since he was so far back, he said the footage and sound quality probably is not so great. But luckily, we ordered the DVD that the school was selling of Stella's first play.
Stella and the rest of her class were "bakers" in the play. The parents were given instructions to dress their baker in either red or green clothes from head to toe, outfitted with an apron and chef's hat decorated festively. Stella and I had fun decorating her apron and hat for the play.
It was nice to be able to go with Stella and help her get dressed and prepped for the play. Due to the pregnancy, I haven't had a chance to participate in many school related activities. The parents and the kids met in the classroom prior to heading out to the auditorium. I got to meet some of the other moms I haven't met before and they all kept telling me what a sweet, quiet, and well-behaved girl Stella was (a lot of Moms volunteer their time helping out in the classroom so they know her well). I got to see first hand how quite Stella is when she is at school...totally the opposite of how she is at home.
When I got to the auditorium, I was shocked to see how packed it was...so packed that I didn't even get a seat. I had to stand the whole time on the side. I also didn't get any good pictures of the actual play because I took the small camera, which was running low on battery, so the flash kept dying, and the pictures turned out dim and grainy. But I can tell you that the play was very entertaining, sweet, and funny and the kids all did an amazing job.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment