As much as I miss Stella, I have been having lots of fun with my little guy at home. Since Stella isn't home, there aren't any constant fights and arguments over toys. This makes for a very peaceful feeling at home and a very loving and sweet little boy. It's just so fun to hang out with him, to listen to him talk, to hear his stories, and play with him all while kissing and hugging him as much as I can. Since he is the second child, I never had as much one-on-one time with him like I did with Stella and it's nice to have that now.
The other day, after we finished breakfast, Des came up to me and said, "Mama, do you want to love on the couch?" In Desmond's lexicon, "to love" means to snuggle and kiss and hug. And that's just what we did.
Then, later on while we were drawing, the following conversation took place between the two of us:
Des: Mama, I can easily write the letter H. (And he writes the letter H on paper.)
Me: That's awesome buddy!
Des: Mama, I can easily write the letter L. (And he writes the letter L on paper.)
Me: Good job bud bud!
(Then he writes the letter H again and turns the paper 90 degrees and says...)
Des: Mama I can easily write the letter I.
No one has taught him how to do this, but he just figured it out all by himself that the letters "H" and "I" look similar to each other when rotated 90 degrees!
A few days later, when Des and I were driving home, he says the following to me: "Mama, there is a number 9 on our house (9 is part of our house number). If you turn 9 upside down, it looks like a 6!" Again, no one taught him this. I am very impressed by his street smarts, his practical sense of knowledge, and his ability to quickly pick up on things just from observation alone.
That's my little Desmo Bear and I love him so very much!
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment