Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sweet Nothings

I wanted to capture some of the sweet things the kids have been saying or doing lately:

The following conversation took place between me and Des during my morning sickness phase (that lasted entirely too long)
DMama, do you still feel bad?
Me: Yes (as I am laying in bed)
D Then why don't you take your medicine?  It will help you feel better.  (He has also kissed me in order to make me feel better.  He is just a sweetie!)

I was sitting on the couch with tears streaming down my face because of all of the pregnancy hormones, a myriad of emotions, and feeling frustrated that my morning sickness would never end.  Stella came to ask me something and saw the tears and immediately asked, "Mama, why are you sad?"  And before I could answer, she just hugged me so tight in an attempt to make me feel better.  That sweet little hug did the trick!

At bedtime when saying her prayers, Stella insisted to Dada that they pray for Mama to feel better (again because of my morning sickness).

This conversation took place between Stella, Des, and myself one morning during breakfast.
DesMama, Stella is not a mother.
MeNo, Des, Stella is not a mother.  She is just a little girl.  One day, she will grow up to be an adult, get married, and then have a baby of her own.  Then she will be a mother.
StellaNo way, I don't want to have a baby in my belly and get sick and throw up like you do everyday.

No comments: