In the morning, the Birthday Boy got a big hug from his sis.
Since Amamma and Appachen were flying in late that evening, we had plans to celebrate his birthday on Sat, the 24th. But as soon as Des woke up, he told me, "Today is my birthday". And then he said, "Let me see. Let me see my birthday, Mama." I kept asking him what he means by birthday, but he kept saying "let me see my birthday". I interpreted that to mean that he wanted to see decorations (streamers and balloons) and his cake, all of which I was planning on doing later that evening after Des went to bed so that we could surprise him the next morning. Needless to say, I felt very bad. So I improvised and stuck 2 candles on his breakfast waffle, lit them up, and then Stella and I sang Happy Birthday to him. This made him very happy so I felt a little better about not having any decorations on the actual day of his birthday.
Des staring at his candles, while Stella and I sang to him.
Des blowing out his candles....
...and smiling at the smoke and his candle-blowing out abilities!



No comments:
Post a Comment